Dulam (PTY) Ltd
Colourfy your driveway!
There’s a way to give a unique look to any surface made of paving stones. Learn how to perform painting pavers with the experts of Dulam
Painting Pavers by Professionals
The coloring agents come in many colors. For gray cubes that aren’t dyed by the manufacturer, it is possible to change the color. We paint the concrete cubes using the spray method.
We provide comprehensive renovations of paving stones. From washing it off to applying the coloring stain. We offer you quality service at an affordable price.
We provide an adequately selected painting system, as well as special paints, equipment, and materials for painting pavers. During the inspection, we determine the scope of work and assess the condition of the slab. We use paints containing highly opaque pigments, which allow us to obtain excellent results and long-lasting colors.
Why should you paint paving stones?
There are three reasons why it makes sense to paint paving stones:
- The stones are old, gray, and faded and need their lost charm restored.
- You want a completely different color for your concrete blocks.
- The pavement need protection from harsh weather conditions.
The concrete connects directly to the glaze: the color penetrates deep into the material quickly. It protects your paving stones from abrasion and weathering for years.
In addition to the commonly used paving sealant, there are other products designed to seal concrete surfaces. Special paints for concrete allow the minerals in the cobblestones to be retained from precipitating on the surface.
How to paint a paving stone surface?
Ok, we already have paint, and we know what we want to paint. All that’s left is the additional equipment needed for the process of painting a cube and how to carry out all the related work properly.
To paint paving stones, we will need:
- A tool for cleaning the painted surface (pressure washer or garden hose)
- Paint roller and extension
- Large brushes
- Paint tray
- The selected paint intended for paving stones
This is how Dulam’s painting pavers specialists work for you:
- Before starting the painting process, our specialists clean the concrete or paving stones. High pressure spraying with a pressure washer is the next step. Thanks to this step, we will get to all the cracks in which dirt accumulates.
- A garden hose sprayer and garden brush will work just as well. After cleaning the cube, we will leave the surface to dry up.
- We will pour some cobblestone paint into the paint tray, surround the brush or roller with it and apply it to the pavement or concrete. It is a good idea to start from the farthest corner of the painted surface.
- We then spread the paint evenly and let it dry. Once dry, we use a brush to fill in the gaps around the edges.
Methods for paint paving stones
For different colors of a cement product, there are two staining methods:
When a pigment is added directly to the mass and stains the entire mixture- For this, the dye is mixed with water, and the resulting emulsion is introduced into the solution. Thus, the tiles receive a uniform shade throughout their depth.
- The advantages of this method are that as they wear out, the modules will retain their appearance.
- The disadvantage is the high consumption of the emulsion, which increases the cost of the module;
To the surface –
The technology provides for painting only the top layer of the stone. The product is tinted, and the dye does not affect the strength properties of the main composition.
Thanks to the resins included in the substance, the paint will last a long time; however, it will periodically require a touch-up.
What makes us a paving leader?
- Professional advice in case of any doubts – we will propose an appropriate service according to your requirement.
- Comprehensive services In addition to laying paving stones, we also provide you service for painting pavers with 100% quality assurance.
- Design & Colors on request
- We offer you a great choice of textures, designs of the paver, and paint colors to choose from the list. You can check out our catalog and let us know about your preference.#
Of course, just like an ordinary painter. A wire brush or facade grinder can be used for this.
Yes, of course. However, the new color should not simply be used to paint the smooth paving stones or terrace slabs. It is advisable to always use texture additives here.
As we said, we use only high-quality paints, so we assure you that they will remain for an extended period of time, giving you the best results possible.
Do you have paving you need to paint?
Don’t hesitate to contact Dulam (PTY) Ltd Building Contractors, as we will make your project come to reality. Call 051 001 0072 for an appointment. You can also schedule an appointment through our website. Dulam (PTY) Ltd Building Contractors is your shortcut to a quality and cost-effective building project.